On this global day of giving, show your support for KVPR by setting up a recurring monthly donation for the first time. If you're already a member, consider making an additional gift!
Hamas had earlier Tuesday released 10 Israelis and two foreigners before 30 Palestinians were freed from Israeli prisons on the fifth day of a temporary truce between the two sides.
The latest from NPR
KVPR speaks with independent journalist Susie Cagle about her recent investigation into the construction of two state prisons on the edge of California’s Tulare Lake.
‘This meeting is an insult.’ Some Planada residents disappointed as $20M flood relief plan remains unfinishedResidents expected a presentation on the draft plan. Instead, the county wants more feedback.
Fresno’s long-awaited Veterans Boulevard officially opened to traffic this week. The project has been in the works for nearly four decades.
Latino voters are up for grabs in the 2024 California election, and could help decide who wins the U.S. Senate seat. But will the campaigns do enough outreach to convince them?
If you haven't logged in with your Google account recently, it's at risk of vanishing. So is any data in that account. Here's how to ensure you don't lose your account, emails, photos and more.
A Fresno city commission was tasked with settling a dispute between a mobile home park's tenants and owners over a proposed rent increase.
A new, $5 million grant will help Kern County’s leading anti-poverty organization assist families in need and the unhoused.
The CSU Teamsters went on strike for unfair labor practices. Members from CSU Stanislaus participated.
Following county workshops, residents worry the funding will go toward infrastructure, not homes that were damaged.
Many artists in Fresno struggle to make a living. Measure P arts funding could help, but some worry the funding won’t make it into the hands of those who need it most.
Arts & Culture
State & Local
- Border Patrol sending migrants to unofficial camps in California's desert, locals say
- The latest deal to save Madera Community Hospital falls apart
- PG&E bills will go up by more than $32 per month next year in part to pay for wildfire protections
- Fresno sued over ‘secret budget committee’ after Fresnoland investigation
National & World
- Nikki Haley lands endorsement from Koch-backed Americans for Prosperity PAC
- Jon Batiste and Suleika Jaouad share journey of 'two extremes' in American Symphony
- Indian rescuers free all 41 workers trapped in a mountain tunnel for over 2 weeks
- In the battle over books, who gets to decide what's age-appropriate at libraries?