Current Job Openings:
Supervisor: Director of Program Content
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Date Posted: 1/17/20 – Position open until filled
Valley Public Radio is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time on-air announcer position for news and classical music programming. They must demonstrate good broadcasting techniques, demonstrate knowledge of software and technology, and have extensive knowledge of program content. The ideal applicant will be detail oriented and eager to work in a fast-paced, collaborative broadcasting environment.
- Ability to operate and learn broadcast equipment, software and technology.
- Demonstrate good broadcasting techniques, including microphone technique, pronunciation, and vocal presentation.
- Ability to attend to details and work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of programming content.
- Follow format and program log as designed.
- Play scheduled recorded and live broadcast elements, with live announcing.
- Read copy live, on-air accurately, with proper technique and presentation.
- Make all required entries in station logs.
- Properly operate and maintain all software and equipment.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Criteria for Evaluation:
- Consults with the Director of Program Content and/or other relevant staff members.
- Maintains a high quality on-air presence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment, software and broadcast technology.
- Maintains high standards of broadcast and professional ethics.
- Performs duties in a neat and accurate manner.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees for jobs, skills training and promotions regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
It will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who are qualified individuals with a disability as defined by law. Should you require assistance due to a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for your application process, please send an email to email@example.com or call 559-862-2480.