1. User’s Responsibility KVPR Services are information services for use by KVPR, its members, staff and the general public. You shall not post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way use or exploit any Information for commercial purposes or otherwise use the Information in a manner that is inconsistent with these rules
2. Uses Not Permitted In using KVPR Services, you will abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those that pertain to libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement. The Information available on this website may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and other countries. Such intellectual property laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable intellectual property laws may give rise to civil and criminal penalties.
3. Disclosure of Online Communications You are advised that any online communication may not be fully confidential or protected. Also you should be aware that some administrative personnel of KVPR may, in the course of their regular duties, have access to communications for technical or operational purposes. KVPR may also disclose any communications to the extent necessary to comply with the law or legal process, protect against misuse or unauthorized use of KVPR Services, or protect the personal safety or property of KVPR Services users, the public, or KVPR and its employees.
4. Rogue Programming Prohibited You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through KVPR Services any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, Trojan horse, time bomb worm or other rogue programming. KVPR has no obligation to detect the presence of any rogue programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on KVPR Services is at your own and sole risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize any loss to your system caused by rogue programming, including use of anti-virus programs and proper backup of files.
5. User Responsible for Content of Information You are responsible for the content of any information that you put on KVPR Services. KVPR has no obligation to, and does not in the normal course, monitor or control any information that is or becomes available on KVPR Services. KVPR reserves the right to review any Information that is or comes available on KVPR Services. KVPR reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any Information that is, in WAB’s sole discretion, unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these rules. However, KVPR has no obligation to exercise such reservation of rights.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties KVPR Services are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. KVPR does not warrant that any information is complete or accurate, that KVPR Services will be uninterrupted or error free, or that any information is free of rogue programming.
7. Limitation of Damages Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall KVPR be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that my result from the use or inability to use KVPR Services, including without limitation use of or reliance on information available on KVPR Services, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance.
8. Release Under these rules, your use of KVPR Services effects a release and waiver of any and all claims and liability against KVPR, its board members, officers, employees and volunteers arising from your use of KVPR Services.
If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself or register for any KVPR Services. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you must obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian before sending any information about yourself or registering for any KVPR Services.
Information You Submit To KVPR
KVPR Services offers a number of ways for users to interact with the station and other users, where users voluntarily submit information to the station and to KVPR’s service providers. This information is collected by the station and can include things like you name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age, gender, program preferences, zip code, state, country, payment information and other personal preferences and information. The following are examples of when collect that information:
- When you sign up for a KVPR newsletter.
- When you email, text or share content from KVPR Services.
- Contact us using a web form or email.
- Submit a comment, make a post, upload a photo or other content.
- Register for a KVPR event or purchase a ticket for a KVPR event.
- Offer to be a volunteer at KVPR.
- Apply for a job or internship.
- Participate in a survey.
- Submit an audio recording to KVPR.
- Make a donation to KVPR or ask a donation-related question.
- Enter a contest.
- Voluntarily share your information with the station.
Information KVPR Collects Automatically
Like most websites and digital services, KVPR collects information about how users interact with KVPR Services. KVPR collects this information together with its technology providers, partners and vendors. KVPR does this to better understand its audience, to customize KVPR Services to meet your needs and interests, and to improve its services. Examples of information KVPR collects automatically through technology include:
- The IP address of your computer or device.
- Information about your Internet Service Provider.
- The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting KVPR Services.
- Information about your device, web browser, operating system and software.
- Information including the dates, times you accessed KVPR Services.
- The amount of time spent reading, watching, listening or otherwise using KVPR Services.
- The path you used to navigate through KVPR Services.
- Your preferred KVPR Services.
- A list of files you download, stream, view or otherwise share on KVPR Services.
- Unique device identifiers on your mobile device used to access a KVPR service.
- Your approximate geographic location (based on information like your IP address) and/or more precise location if you have given KVPR explicit consent to receive this information on your mobile device.
- Information about when you download and when you listen to podcasts or other media files, including how long you listened, when you complete or do not complete an episode, and hear, skip or do not hear sponsorship credits or other advertisements in podcasts of other media files.
- Information about how you read KVPR’s emails, click on links in emails, forward emails, including the device and platform you used.
- Any errors you encountered while using KVPR Services.
How KVPR Uses the Information Received
- To raise funds for KVPR.
- To better understand KVPR’s audiences and their behavior.
- To improve KVPR Services.
- To customize KVPR Services to your preferences, like remembering your preferred audio stream.
- To respond to your questions or comments.
- To bring you localized content.
- To publish, broadcast, attribute, use and license user materials you submit to KVPR.
- To sell you tickets or provide other access to station events and activities.
- To process applications for jobs and internships.
- To manage contests you enter.
- To contact you for an online survey, or for other editorial purposes.
- To recognize you and remember your preferences across devices, platforms, browsers.
- With your consent where required by applicable law, to send you KVPR email newsletters and other communications and other messages like push notifications or text messages.
- To understand your use of KVPR Services and discover patterns of behavior.
- To determine if you heard a sponsorship credit or a particular portion of a program, podcast or multimedia file/stream.
- To study the effectiveness of station marketing efforts.
- In other ways that KVPR describes to you at the time information is collected or for which KVPR otherwise obtains your consent.
How KVPR Discloses Information
KVPR will not share, sell, rent or exchange the personal information of donors with any non-affiliated third party, including political candidates/groups. On occasion, the station provides its donor list to authorized vendors and/or partners who conduct work for the station or conduct an activity for the benefit of KVPR. These vendors and/or partners are required to maintain the confidentiality of the station’s files and to adhere to a policy of not using, exchanging, selling, or otherwise disclosing the station’s list of donors or their personal information. If you are a donor to KVPR and do not want us to share your name, contact information or other information with authorized vendors or partners, you can opt out of such sharing by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal requirements. KVPR and service providers working on its behalf may disclose any collected information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
With your consent. KVPR and service providers working on its behalf may share any collected information when you expressly or implicitly consent to such disclosure.
Wireless carriers & Internet Service Providers: Wireless carriers and internet service providers may collect user information and precise location data from the users of KVPR Services through processes KVPR does not control.
Aggregated and anonymous information: Subject to applicable law and your opt-out choices described below, and as KVPR deems appropriate, KVPR may share with third parties or allow them to collect directly aggregated or other information that is not reasonably linkable to you or your device. These third parties may use such information pursuant to their own respective privacy policies, which KVPR does not control.
Registration information: Contact us to correct or update any registration information you provided to us or to cancel your KVPR membership. Donors may request a “no contact” designation to opt out of membership mailings, KVPR Magazine mailings, phone calls, or texts (other than membership renewal notices) by sending an email to email@example.com. You can stop the delivery of marketing emails or email newsletters from KVPR by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. KVPR may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a refund, correction, update or cancellation.
Web Cookies: Web users can choose to enable their web browsers to reject all cookies, or to reject cookies on select sites and domains. If you choose to do this with KVPR Services, you may disable access to some functions of KVPR Services. To learn how to do this, read the “Help” section in your web browser’s software.
Precise location information: If you consent to KVPR’s collection of your precise device location through a KVPR mobile application, you can withdraw your consent at any time and prevent the further collection of your precise location by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
KVPR has in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information KVPR collects online. KVPR uses HTTPS encryption for all online donations, but no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Because most email and mobile transmissions are not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email, text messages, or other mobile transmissions.
KVPR retains personal information in order to implement elements of this policy, its Records Retention Policy and in case of any legal claims or complaints, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Links to and from Other Sites and Services
Our Services contain links to other sites, applications, platforms and services operated by third parties whose privacy policies KVPR does not control and may differ significantly from ours. You also may access KVPR content and KVPR Services from a third-party site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that KVPR would not. KVPR is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party services.
Users Outside the U.S.
Last updated 01/06/2022