School athletic director Terry Tumey announced Tedford's decision on Friday. The Bulldogs are 8-4 and will find out their bowl destination on Sunday.
The latest from NPR
Merced County, California, has the highest rate of homicide in the state. It’s also severely lacking deputies. Sheriff Vernon Warnke says the shortage is so bad, he's disassembling units, like for gang enforcement, just to cover everyday patrol.
California has no mechanism for its three public higher-education systems — CSU, the University of California and the California Community Colleges — to share information about employees with sexual misconduct-allegation records.
Almost a year after University of California ratified a contract with academic workers, graduate students say they are still involved in negotiations.
After failed deals with Trinity Health and Adventist Health to reopen Madera Community Hospital, two more companies are eyeing the facility.
There couldn't be two governors with more opposite ideologies than the Florida Republican and the California Democrat, but few minds were likely changed.
Baby boomers are entering older age amid a historic affordable-housing shortage and widening inequality. A new study warns many won't be able to access the kind of housing or caregiving they need.
The Biden administration is cracking down on deceptive or misleading Medicare Advantage and drug plan sales tactics. And it's counting on beneficiaries to help catch offenders.
A string of emails appears to show a California agency stood in the way of stream channel maintenance for more than five years, which may have led to flooding that caused severe damage in Merced County.
A candlelight vigil was held Monday in downtown Fresno, California, to call for a stop to the war in the Gaza Strip.
A CDC analysis of 2022 data finds that U.S. life expectancy is improving after being knocked backwards during the COVID emergency. But it's still lower than it was pre-pandemic.
Arts & Culture
- 'Wait Wait' for December 2, 2023: With Not My Job guest Dakota Johnson
- 'The Challenge' is understanding why this 'Squid Game' game show was green-lit
- A visit to the last animatronics still singing in Chuck E. Cheese
- How Paris and Nicole made their mark on America in 'The Simple Life,' 20 years later
State & Local
- Oakland is getting a new minor league team — the Oakland B's
- Commission raises rent at Fresno mobile home park, but residents still say it’s a win
- ‘This meeting is an insult.’ Some Planada residents disappointed as $20M flood relief plan remains unfinished
- $5M Bezos grant targets Kern County’s unhoused, low-income residents. ‘They’re facing a crisis’
National & World
- Liz Cheney is back and unloading on the current leaders of her ancestral GOP
- EPA aims to slash the oil industry's climate-warming methane pollution
- At Israeli rave site attacked by Hamas, DJs play music to honor the dead and missing
- At 95, jazz icon Sheila Jordan still eats, drinks and breathes the music