What Does Obamacare Mean For You? We 'Ask Emily'
What does Obamacare mean for you? With the expansion of coverage just months away, we asked Emily Bazar, senior writer with the California HealthCare Foundation’s Center for Health Reporting at the Annenberg School For Communication and Journalism at USC. She's the author of a regular column called "Ask Emily" which aims to answer questions about the complex and sometimes confusing law, also known as the Affordable Care Act. She joined us on Valley Edition to talk about issues like:
- What should people who don't currently have health insurance do?
- How should people decide if they should seek coverage under the state's new health insurance exchange Covered California, or under the Medi-Cal expansion?
- What about workers who currently have coverage from their employer but don't like it, and would rather purchase a plan on the exchange?
- What income levels are used to determine if you qualify for tax credits under the law?
- How does the law impact small businesses with under 50 employees?
- What does the decision to delay the "employer mandate" for companies with more than 50 employees mean for workers?