It’s the end of October, which means we’re stuck with a pandemic holiday weekend. With health experts across the board discouraging trick-or-treating and gathering indoors, how can we celebrate safely?
Rest assured that there are ways to minimize the risks of celebrating Halloween and Dia de los Muertos. We offer some safety tips and creative alternatives to traditional festivities as part of this week’s COVID-19 update.
Meanwhile, here’s a snapshot for Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, and Tulare Counties (note that some numbers may have changed between the interview and publication):
As of Oct. 29:
- 1,474 deaths out of 106,790 cases
- 242 people hospitalized and 62 in ICUs
- In the last week, 23 people succumbed to the disease
- Average cases reported daily in the last week: 322
For comparison, as of Oct. 22:
- 1,451 deaths out of 104,537 cases
- 247 people hospitalized and 54 in ICUs
- In the last week, 31 people succumbed to the disease
- Average cases reported daily in the last week: 316
You can always find up-to-date information for your county here.