Valley Public Radio is pleased to present another season of the acclaimed series Carnegie Hall Live. Hear some of today’s finest classical music performers on the most famous stage in America, in this special 13-week broadcast run. Produced by New York Public Radio, and hosted by Jeff Spurgeon and John Schaefer (with occasional special guest co-hosts) each two hour broadcast will take you on a musical journey filled with memorable performances. Hear Carnegie Hall Live Wednesday nights from 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM from September 5th through November 28th.
- Opening Night Gala concert by the Philadelphia Orchestra, and soloists Lang Lang and Chick Corea (playing a unique arrangement of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue), led by Yannick Nézet-Seguin;
- pianist Martha Argerich, returning to Carnegie Hall after a nine-year absence, with the Orchestra dell'Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia conducted by Sir Antonio Pappano to play Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 3 - one of her specialties;
- Concerts by the Israel Philharmonic/Zubin Mehta; the Vienna Philharmonic/Gustavo Dudamel; Bayerisches Staatsorchester/Kirill Petrenko; and the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra/Mariss Jansons;
- Recitals by violinist Joshua Bell and pianist Jeremy Denk; pianist Sir András Schiff; and gorgeous chamber music performed by the Takács Quartet;
- Conductor Marin Alsop leading the National Youth Orchestra of the USA.