Valley Public Radio is pleased to offer a new season of Carnegie Hall Live as we start the new year. The 13 week series will consist of 7 concerts recorded during the abbreviated 19-20 season, supplemented by 6 concerts from the archives. The broadcasts will air on KVPR FM 89 Wednesday nights from 8:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m. beginning Wednesday January 6, 2021 and will continue through Wednesday March 31, 2021. These performances feature some of the classical music world’s most esteemed artists in a wide range of styles, from early music to recitals to orchestral programs.
• Opening Night Gala concert with the Cleveland Orchestra and soloists Anne-Sophie Mutter, Yefim Bronfman, and Lynn Harrell in Beethoven’s Triple Concerto, led by Franz Welser-Möst
• The Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Mariss Jansons - his final performance before his passing just a few weeks later
• Valery Gergiev and the Munich Philharmonic, with violinist Leonidas Kavakos
• The Chicago Symphony led by Riccardo Muti, featuring mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato in Berlioz’ La mort de Cléopâtre
• The New York recital debut of cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason, accompanied by his sister, pianist Isata Kanneh-Mason
• Beethoven’s 8th & 9th Symphonies performed by Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique conducted by Sir John Eliot Gardiner
• The National Youth Orchestra of the USA with conductor Sir Antonio Pappano and mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard