Most Active Stories
Valley Public Radio Staff
Special Projects List
Special projects include equipment & software purchases that the station would like to acquire this year, and have not been included in the operating budget. The operating budget for equipment is minimal and usually is saved for smaller expenses and emergencies. Special projects are funded by members, foundations, and on occasion, community partners. If you are interested in helping support the following purchases, please contact Joe Garcia at 559-275-0764 x 15 or via email at email@example.com.
- Backup Power Supplies: $1,500
In the event of a power outage at our studio, these devices allow critical on-air equipment to stay online on battery backup.
- Air conditioning for KVPR transmitter room: $5,000
Our KVPR transmitter room at Meadow Lakes currently lacks air conditioning. This would help our transmitter run cooler and last longer during the summer.
- Bakersfield Transmitter Backup Generator: $25,000
This backup generator would keep KPRX on air during somewhat frequent power outages and power interruptions/spikes, which knock our station off air.
Studio & Audio Equipment
- CD Players (2): $1,500
Broadcast quality CD players for on-air use in Master Control room.
- Acoustic Panels (48 panels): $1,000 Replacement soundproofing for studios.
- Field Recorders + Microphones (2): $2,000 For recording audio in the field.
Software & Computers
- Battery Backup Power Supplies : $1,500In the event of a power outage, these systems keep critical equipment operating, preventingdata loss, keeping station on-air.
- Computer Workstations (2) for Staff: $3,500
Needed upgrades for office staff to replace 5+ year old PCs.
- MEMSYS License Upgrade - Membership Database Program: $3,800
Needed to accommodate increase of users, up to 10 staff members. Right now only a handful of staff can use the software at one time.