Most Active Stories
- New Google Tool Shows Remarkable Timelapse of Fresno Growth Since 1984
- New Approach To Classroom Discipline Pays Off at Fresno's Yosemite Middle School
- Paso Robles Winemaker Battles Valley Fever
- Fresno To Get High-End, High-Rise Downtown Restaurant?
- Cases Of Mysterious Valley Fever Rise In American Southwest
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri October 12, 2012
French Woman Owed Huge Telephone Bill
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A French woman received a telephone bill and immediately noticed something wrong. The numbers showing how many euros she owed had the decimal point in the wrong spot and an extra 12 zeroes. She owed 11 quadrillion euros. She called the phone company and an operator said, sorry, a computer generated that, can't change it. The company finally relented, which is too bad, because if she'd paid it could've solved the European debt crisis. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.